“Do an act of kindness. Help one person smile!”
Today it is the international Smile day, so I decided to share with you 7 reasons to smile today (and help someone else smile too)….
1. Smiling increases positive emotions – more happiness and joy, means more creativity and productivity too!
2. Smiling reduces anxiety and stress – smiling and laughing can actually allow pain and stress to melt away.
3. Smiling releases endophins – even faking a smile can trigger your brain to release these happy chemicals!
4. Smiling boosts your immune system – smiling raises white blood cell count which can help fight off illness.
5. Smiling makes you more attractive – a smile is contagious and holds lots of positive energy meaning you’re more fun to be around 🙂
6. Smiling makes you a better leader – smiling is known to connect you with your team or group and is known as a characteristic of a good leader.
7. Smiling helps you live longer – positive and optimistic people are healthier and live 7 years longer!
So if you needed another excuse to smile…. you just got 7!
What will your act of kindness be today to help somebody else smile?